Setting up BlueMind
Once BlueMind is installed on your Linux distribution, use your web browser to visit the set up page. Enter the following address (including https):
Then let the wizard guide you through installation:
A warning may appear when the server has been assigned the minimum memory required. This is merely a non-blocking warning as a result of memory calculation, setup can go on regardless.
If an issue blocking installation is detected, a red error message appears and the "Continue" button is unavailable.
- BlueMind URL: enter your public BlueMind url and click "Test access" to confirm. If all tests are successful, the "Next" button is enabled:
- Domain name:
- Installation is complete and the application's connection details are displayed:
Restart the BlueMind service:
Make sure you secure administrator passwords!
If you want specific people to be able to view information on the number of users been exceeded or a subscription being about to expire, make sure you give them the required role.
Some additional components are not included in the BlueMind default install and require you to install extra packages.
Linked email attachments
BluMind version 3.5 introduces the possibility to detach email attachments which will appear as download links to recipients.
To find out more about installing and setting up BlueMind, go to the page linked attachment administration.
To implement user and group import from an LDAP directory, go to the page LDAP Synchronization
The BlueMind subscription includes additional tools and features:
- the Outlook connector
- the ActiveDirectory import tool.
To find out more, go to the page Implementing the subscription
After BlueMind is installed, to insure best performance, some settings need to be configured according to your equipment and the number of users, namely:
- number of System Configuration page - chapter 1.2: Cyrus processes: set up in the admin console. Go to the
- nginx workers: set up in the admin console. Go to the System Configuration page - chapter 2: Reverse proxy
For data migration to be successful, it must be done from server to server using data export/import tools.
Any data migration carried out by users or through thick clients (Outlook, Thunderbird) can be tricky in terms of volume and may lead to user data inconsistencies in the new instance of BlueMind.
For each type of data, we therefore advice you to use the following:
- Contacts: VCard exports and imports
- Events: ICS imports/exports
- Emails: depending on the source server, imapSync, Exchange or Domino migration tool.
Please ask BlueMind or your BlueMind partner for help with data migration.
Reminder: in version 3.5, DO NOT use a PST import in Outlook to migrate data.