AD or LDAP Connections
Password expiry policies do not apply to users imported from an AD or LDAP directory.
The administrator can set up a domain-wide automatic password expiry policy – all users will have to update their password after a given period of time.
This policy is set up in the admin console at the domain level – System management > Manage domain > select your domain > General tab
- Enter the number of days required and click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Users will then be forced to change their password:
- After the number of days set based on the last time it was updated, if the date is known.
E.g. if the administrator sets the number of days to 100 and user changed their password 75 days ago, the user will have to change their password in 25 days.
- As soon as they try to log in again if no date is known.
This might be the case if the user was created before BlueMind was updated to 3.5.14 and the user has never changed their password.
Individual password management
Whether a domain-wide policy is set up or not, administrators can force-expire a user's password, e.g. when it is suspected to have been compromised.
The administrator can also exclude the user from the domain-wide policy.
In both cases, the administrator has to go to the user's administration page in the admin console – Directories > Directory browser > select the user > Maintenance tab:
- Check the "Update password on next login" box and click "Save" at the bottom of the page to expire the password and force the user to change it.
- Check the "Password never expires" box to exclude the user from the domain-wide password expiry policy.
Effects for users
Whether the password has expired as a result of the domain-wide policy or an administrator's reset, users are presented with the same request to change their password -- when they try to log into BlueMind using their old password, the window below opens:
Once this form has been filled in and the new password confirmed, the user will be redirected to the BlueMind log in page and they will be able to log in with their new password.