In BlueMind 4.0, archiving is completely automatic and transparent, which means that users no longer have an "archiving" button or able to see a message's archive status.
Implementing an archiving policy
To implement archiving, in the admin console:
- go to System Management > System Configuration > Mail tab
- In the Archiving section, check the box and fill in:
- Number of days before archiving: the number of days before a message is archived
Size of messages (MiB): threshold above which messages are archived automatically, without waiting for the number of days set
The default value is 1Mb
The MiB (Mebibyte) is a multiple of a byte, not to be confused with the MB (megabyte): it is equal to 1024 kebibytes, which itself is equal to 1024 bytes.
Therefore, 9 MiB equals 9,43718 MB.
Archiving runs every day at 4am GMT.
Setting up an archiving space
The partition must be mounted in the
Changes relative to BlueMind 3.5
Changing the archiving system to a completely automatic system has several consequences. As we've said above, users are no longer able to archive messages manually, but also:
- The archiving policy is the same for all domain users
There are no group or user-specific archiving quotas any more. There is just one quota, archived data is accounted for within this one quota in addition to other non-archived messages.
- The scheduled jobs HSMJob and HSMIndexJob are therefore irrelevant and no longer exist.