Adding a server
To add a new server, go to the System Management page, then Application's Servers:
- Add the server to BlueMind: click "New Server" and fill in the details of the server on which the service(s) have been installed:
- Name: the name given to the server can be different from the name of the server in the network. You are free to choose any name.
- IP: the server's IP address
- FQDN: "Fully Qualified Domain Name". This is the server's full name in the domain.
The "Create" button (or <Enter> key) adds a new server to BlueMind, without any specific role. The "Create & edit" button (or <Ctrl-Enter> keys) adds a new server and redirects you to its administration panel so that you can assign it one or several roles.
Services must be installed and accessible during configuration, otherwise a message such as "Can't connect to Node Server..." will appear and you will not be able to add the server.
- Enable the server's role(s): go to the server administration panel ("Create & edit" above, or select it from the servers list)
- Go to the tab "Server roles", which shows all assignable roles.
- Tick the roles corresponding to the service(s) installed.
- Validate by clicking "Save" at the bottom of the screen to apply the changes.
The new server is now available and can be assigned to the corresponding services in the
Managing a server
To access the administration panel of the server you want to manage, click the relevant server in the list of servers.
The first tab, "Basic parameters", shows the server localisation settings. Only the name and description can be modified, the IP address and the FQDN (Fully qualified domain name) can't:
The "Server roles" tab allows you to specify the mail system, indexing and services roles the server is able to perform: