This page describes how to change a BlueMind server's IP address.
This description is deliberately minimal as it is reserved to experienced administrators who are familiar with the sensitive operations performed.
stop BlueMind using the command:
- Update the server's network configuration with the new IP address
- Edit the file
/etc/bm/bm.ini, replacing the address of the "
host" parameter with the new IP address
Update the database information with the following command line:
Replacing the <old_ip> by the <new_ip>. If prompted for a password, type "bj"
- Edit the
/var/backups/bluemindfolder structure, renaming the folder
/var/backups/bluemind/dp_spool/rsync/<old_ip>with the new IP address
Restart BlueMind and the node using the following commands:
- Connect to the administration panel superadministrator admin0
- Go to Security > Manage firewall and click "Save" to force re-generate BlueMind's firewall rules
- Go to System Management > Manage Messaging System, click "Execute" to regenerate the postfix mail routing table
- Go to System Management > System Configuration and replace the old IP address in the field "My networks" by the new address of the address range you want to keep as open relay. Click "Save".