The roles that can be assigned to users include the right of access to applications (webmail, contacts, etc.), the right to use specific features (creating external identities, enabling email auto-forward, etc.) or administration rights to delegate certain management responsibilities (users, domain, etc.).
Administrators are only able to delegate a right they themselves have, except for access to applications or features: e.g. even if they don't have a mail account an admin can enable "Mail and Contacts" to users they administrate, or allow them to create external identities or mail forwarding, even if they don't have those rights themselves.
Users can be assigned the following roles:
Access to Applications
- Webmail and Contacts: Allows users to use the mail service, the webmail application, contact synchronization and the contact web application
- Calendar and Tasks: Allows users to use tasks and calendar synchronization and web applications
- Instant messaging: Allows users to use the instant messaging web application and the XMPP service with external clients
- Telephony: Allows users to use telephony integration in all web applications
- Admin console: Allows users to use administration console's web application - required for all management roles
- Manage Corporate Signatures: Allows users to manage corporate signatures and disclaimer
- API docs integration: Allows users to have the api docs application integrated in their BlueMind application: an "API Docs" link is added to BlueMind's top toolbar next to the other applications
- Change own settings: Allows users to change their personal settings
- Change own password: Allows users to change their personal passwords
- Change own information: Allows users to modify their personal information for the directory or VCard exports
NB: to date, there is no UI in users' BlueMind settings this feature allows script-based actions using users' API key (see User settings - chapter 6 API keys)
- Manage own devices (ActiveSync): Allows users to manage access to their personal devices (ActiveSync)
NB: to date, there is no UI in users' BlueMind settings. This feature allows script-based actions using users' API key (see User settings - chapter 6 API keys)
- Manage external accounts: allows users to connect a Nextcloud account – provided it is installed on the domain – in order to store large file attachments in the user's Nextcloud account storage connected to BlueMind. (see Fichiers volumineux et detachement des pieces jointes)
- Change own mail filters: Allows users to manage their personal incoming mail filters
- Change own mail identities: Allows users to create, modify and delete their personal mail identities
- External identity: Allows users to create identities with external mail addresses
- Mail forwarding: Allows users to forward incoming emails to internal or external email addresses automatically
When role is disabled, user cannot activate global mail forwarding (internal or external) AND cannot set a filter with forwarding to an external email address neither.
- Linked attachments: Allows users to use the linked attachments service so that email attachments are shown to recipients as download links.
From version 3.5.13, this role also allows users to attach files to calendar events.
- Drive: Enables storage space for finding and linking previously-linked files to messages or calendar events (from version 3.5.13)
To find out more about managing these rights, go to the dedicated pages Users and Delegated Administration